Discord is one of the most widely known digital distribution platforms which allocates gamers to communicate while playing. This application is designed for gamers who can log into the Discord account while playing and can chat in their desired groups! However, recently many users are reporting that they are prevented from connecting to the voice channel with the appearance of Discord No Route error. Well, this type of Discord’s error belongs to the same category of Stuck RTC Connecting errors and ICE Checking. End of the day, all errors may hit our games badly.
- 1 What is Causing the No Route Error on Discord?
- 2 How to Fix Discord No Route Error
- 2.1 1. Restart Modem, Router, and Computer
- 2.2 2. Uninstall 3td Party Firewall or Whitelist Discord (if applicable)
- 2.3 3. Remove your VPN or use one with UDP (if applicable)
- 2.4 4. Verify Whether Discord is Blocked by Your Network Admin
- 2.5 5. Change the Server’s Voice Region
- 2.6 6. Disable QoS from Voice & Video Settings
- 2.7 7. Flushing the DNS setting
- 3 Conclusion
What is Causing the No Route Error on Discord?
While playing games and simultaneously chatting in Discord, it irritates players when they encounter Discord No Route error. Many users reported this issue, and after investigation, some tentative reasons were found for the No Route error on Discord.
1. The assigned IP address to the PC was changed – Those who use the dynamic IP address, which changes regularly, may face this sort of issue in Discord. As a result, system resources may get stuck, and this may lead to No Route Error on Discord.
2. Antivirus or 3rd party Firewall may blacklist Discord – If there is any 3rd party Firewall or anti-virus is running on your system, Discord will not get permission required to get connected with an external server.
3. The computer may be using VNP without UDP – Since its inception, from when it has been designed to work with only VNP solutions that have UDP or User Datagram Protocol. You can easily solve this issue if that is generated for this reason.
4. Network admin may block Discord – Many users reported issues with this cause. Discord may be blocked by your network admin, which could be a work or educational network. But there’s nothing to worry about; we have a solution for you!
5. When your Discord is Incompatible with Server’s voice region – This will become a cause when you try to connect to a server that is hosted on a different Continent. You may face this type of trouble when you and your connecting voice server’s friend’s region is different. To get rid of this cause, you need to ask the administrator to change the server’s voice region.
6. Your network when doesn’t get support from QoS – In many cases, it has been observed that when users network is not compatible to support QoS or Quality of Service High Packet Priority, which head towards No Route Error of Discord. You can tackle this cause by Disabling it from Voice and Video Settings.
Nothing to worry about; when this issue hits you badly triggered by those above-mentioned reasons, we have come up with the solutions for all of the above-mentioned points, which will help you out!
To get the best result, it is recommended to start with the first method and go downwards accordingly as per your necessity. But before going for the methods, make sure your network is private, not public.
How to Fix Discord No Route Error
1. Restart Modem, Router, and Computer
Giving your setup a simple restart will not be enough for this case. When the IPV6 connection got entangled by a continuously changing Dynamic IP address, it triggers the No Route Error issue. Dynamic IP address reconstructs each time whenever internet connection got a reset, resulting in system resources’ sticking. As a result, users face Discord No Route Error.
You can easily check if this is a fleeting issue or not. You can do it by giving a simple restart to your computer and router or modem by unplugging them from the power cable and then plug them back. In this case, it should be noted that it is not necessary to reset the router’s network settings. After restarting the machines, open the Discord application and try to connect with the voice channel. Now check if that problem persists or not. If still, you are facing No Route Error, then nothing to worry about. Here we have more solutions for you.
2. Uninstall 3td Party Firewall or Whitelist Discord (if applicable)
In many cases, a Firewall or AV can restrict Discord’s outgoing connections in terms of showing their overprotectiveness. For this, you need low down. It’s an activity that you can enjoy a hassle-free session on Discord! It is recommended to uninstall your anti-virus and check if Discord’s voice channel connects properly or not to determine if it is applicable to your issue. For this :
Step 1: From your keyboard, press Windows key + R or go running from the start menu, and a run dialog box will open. There, type “CPL” and click on the “ok,” or you can hit “enter” from your keyboard to open “Programs and Features.”
Step 2: Then, scroll down and locate your 3rd party security solution under “program and feature” and give a right-click on it and select the uninstall option.
Step 3: Follow the respective steps to uninstall the 3rd party AV or firewall from your system.
Step 4: Make sure you have removed the leftover related files from the security solution.
Step 5: Reboot your computer and check if this problem lasts or not.
If still, this error persists, follow other methods.
3. Remove your VPN or use one with UDP (if applicable)
When a player is using VPN solutions actively, which is not compatible with UDP or User Datagram Protocol, their conflict occurs as the Discord application is not designed so that it could run VPNs that are not using UDP.
If you are using VPN solutions for getting information on UDP usage, consult with the service provider. Nevertheless, you can verify if this is why you trouble this issue by making it disable and then connecting to Discord’s voice channel.
If you identify that VPN is the root cause of this issue, you can go for a different VPN provider or elect to keep the “Anonymity Service” in a disabled form while using Discord. If this method doesn’t suit your problem, then scroll down and apply other methods!
4. Verify Whether Discord is Blocked by Your Network Admin
If you are using Discord from work or an educational network and facing Discord No Route error, it may be due to the network administrator’s restrictions. Network Administrators may have blocked communication servers like Discord, which triggers “No Route error,” but here we have a trick to come out! For this:
Step 1: From the Start Menu, go to “control panel” or press “Windows key + R” and type “Control” and press enter. The Control panel will open up.
Step 2: Under the control panel, you will find the option labeled “Network and Internet”. Click on the option and go to “Network and Sharing Center”. Then, go to the connections hyperlink, which is associated with your Private network connection.
Step 3: You will get a window and hit on the “properties” option from there.
Step 4: Under the properties option, go to the networking tab and opt “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” and then click on the properties option again.
Step 5: Now, scroll down to the DNS server settings and transform it to “Use the following DNS server addresses“. Now, under this box, you will get 2 boxes from which set 8 8 8 8 value for Preferred DNS server and 8 8 4 4 value for Alternate DNS server.
Step 6: Now, hit the ok button to save the changes.
Step 7: Now, close all open windows and give a reboot to your computer. Now check if the problem persists or not, though, with this method, Discord should connect to a new voice server.
5. Change the Server’s Voice Region
Sometimes belonging from different Continents could be a reason for facing this issue in Discord as your contacting friend’s server maybe get different from your voice region. For this method, you need to ask your server administrator to set up a different voice region from the server settings by chasing “Server Settings,” followed by the “Server Region”.
6. Disable QoS from Voice & Video Settings
Disabling QoS from the user’s settings is one of the most popular remedies for this issue, and it can be resolved easily. Steps are mentioned below:
Step 1: Open the Discord application and hit the “gear” icon at the bottom-left corner, near your account.
Step 2: Now, move downwards to “App Settings” and click on the “Voice and Video” labeled option.
Step 3: Again, scroll down to “Quality of Service” and ensure to disable the toggle of the label “Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority”.
Step 4: Now, close the Discord application and open it again and check if the issue exists or not.
Still, if you are facing the same trouble, then move on to the next remedy.
7. Flushing the DNS setting
There are reported cases that have been resolved in this method, where they used a series of commands to reset IP configuration in Command prompt. Here’s a rapid guide for this:
Step 1: Open Run from the start menu or press “Window key + R” to open the Run and type “cmd” there. Now press “Ctrl + Shift + Enter” to open an elevated command prompt.
Step 2: On that Elevated Command Prompt, type “ipconfig /release” and press Enter.
Step 3: After releasing the IP configuration, type “ipconfig /flushdns” and hit enter to flush the DNS.
Step 4: Now, to renew the IP configuration, type the “ipconfig /renew” command.
Step 5: Now reboot your machine and check if No Route Error on Discord is showing or not.
From this article, you already know how to fix this specific error of Discord, but if none of the above-mentioned methods worked for you, it might be due to the Firewall of the Network router that may block Discord. For this, you can switch to another network, or you can lower your network’s firewall settings.
I hope you will fix it soon. To get a quick accomplishment, you need to detect the root cause properly first and then go through the respective solutions mentioned above. If you find this article useful for you, share it with us, and don’t hesitate to share which method worked for you. Good luck!