Minecraft by Mojang Studios is probably one of the most popular and most played sandbox games by kids mainly above six years. Around 91 millions of players are engaged with it and logged in monthly. But getting an error while you are in a full mood of cherishing adventure is one of the most irritating things. It feels very frustrating to encounter errors like “io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection refused: no further information” while trying to link to a server. Many players have faced this irritating issue, and it has been seen that this problem persists across all the servers.
- 1 Causes of io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception Error
- 2 Conclusion
Causes of io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception Error
Connection Refused error triggers in the Minecraft game when you generally try to connect to a server. Many players face this problem, and we have come up with some solution to bite the tassel. It has been audited that this io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection refused: no further information Minecraft error can happen due to many underlying causes such as
IP Address: This type of error can be triggered while connecting to the server. It could be due to the wrong IP address or due to the listed port. The IP address with its suitable complementary port generally forward your connection to the server, and after that, once the server approves the connection, it is established. It is scarce to get multiple users connected in the same IP address as the IP address assigned to you by ISP changes from time to time. This incident is rare if you are not using a static IP address. Nevertheless, the IP address needs to be changed frequently to ignore the io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection refused: no further information.
Windows Firewall: There is a tentatively unavoidable filter in your system named “Windows Firewall” that generally checks & filters upcoming information to your computer from the internet and steps accordingly. So, there is a high possibility that the Windows Firewall you are using may block the Minecraft server, and as a result, the problem arises in connecting the server. To regain the server’s connection entirely, you need to add both Java files and game directories to the exclusion list of the Windows Firewall.
Java Software: To work it properly, Minecraft requires the Java software to be updated at it’s latest version to comply with. This type of error may occur when conflicts arise between the backdated Java present on your system and the launcher, which is up to date at it’s latest. This may encounter certain games and may prevent some proper connections or develop an improper connection to the server. Java.net io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection refused: no further information error can be troubleshot easily by updating the JAVA software to its latest version.
Incongruous Software: To run Minecraft properly, the player should take care of the software that is not coherent with Minecraft and problem triggers when any software gets installed in your system and contradicts the server’s connection. Besides this, Minecraft has an official software list that can create a rift and are not competent.
Those are the possible reasons for encountering this issue, and after fetching the data, we have come up with some solutions that may help you out to this hassle. It is recommended to try out these respective steps in a specific order to get fruitful results without any conflicts.
1. Resetting Internet
The player can face this type of error due to changes in IP address by the internet router. So if you are not using a static IP address and as the IP address by ISP changes from time to time, it’s entirely possible to face this issue. With this step, it will comply with internet settings by reinitializing the internet settings and DNS cache. To power cycle, the internet router follows these steps:
- Disconnect the internet router from the power firstly.
- Hold on for 5 minutes and connect to the power again after waiting.
- After getting permission for internet access, try to get connected to the server and check if the problem persists or not.
Nevertheless, if you have already tried this and there is no response, then we have more solutions for you!
2. Adding Exception in Firewall
Windows Firewall in your system always protects your system from many servers, which can affect the system according to your Windows Firewall. So here is a high chance to block connective server to Minecraft by Firewall. With this step, some executables in the Minecraft folder will add by making its exception in the firewall that needs internet access.
- Go to the Start Menu and hit the settings icon.
- You will find the “Updates & Security” option there under settings and click on it.
- From the left side panel, select “windows security” and choose “Firewall & Network Protection”.
- Scroll down to hit the “Allow an App through Firewall” option
- Now you will get an option labeled “Change settings” and click on it. By clicking the option you will get a warning prompt and select “yes” there.
- Now select “Allow another app” from all the options and click on the “Browse”
- Now go to the game installation directory and select the respective game and the launcher Executable.
- After this, repeat this same process again and this time make sure you navigate to the directory to the place where you have Minecraft server installed.
- Now open “Maxwell” folder followed by the “MinecraftServer” named folder.
- Now you need to allow both the Java executables located inside the folder in a similar way.
- Now you need to repeat the same process, and then after selecting the “change” option, scroll down instead of selecting “Allow another app.” You can see list of available apps and from them allow the “Java Platform SE Binary” option with both “Private” and “Public” networks.
- Now open the Minecraft launcher and give a try to connect to the server and check if still the problem is there or not.
If this problem exists, don’t worry, there’s more ways to overcome from this error.
3. Adding the IP address and suitable Port
If your using IP address is the dynamic in nature, it will restructure every time whenever the internet connection is reset. Here’s the step check IP address and the suitable port for the game to add it to the Minecraft launcher.
- Go to the search bar of the Windows toolbar and type “Command Prompt”.
- Hit a right click on the icon and choose “Run as Administrator”.
- There type “ipconfig” and jot down “IPV4 Address”.
- With this go to the “Minecraft Servers folder>Maxwell (some random numbers)> MinecraftServer” and open the “Server Properties” named text document.
- You can find “Server Port” listed there and note it down. For instance, for us it is “25565,” and it should be same in most of thr cases, well however it can not be.
- Then go to Minecraft and open it and go to the “Play Multiplayer” option.
- Now select the server you are eager to join, give a simple click on it and hit “Edit” from the options.
- The naming of server can be done according to your preferences but the address should be the IPV4 address that you have noted earlier and the port number for instance the “25565” is the port for “XXX.XXX.X.X:25565” number, which may vary.
- Hit “Done” followed by “Refresh”. Now check if the problem persists or not.
4. Checking ISP Network Access
ISP or “Indian Service Provider” can block network access to some specific domains, and this phenomenon will not allow you to go through or use the network then. If the methods mentioned above went in vain, then go for this method. For this, you need to contact your ISP and verify that internet access isn’t blocked.
5. Delete Incompatible Software
There are some software which set at strife with Minecraft servers, and among them, Virtual Ethernet with Hamachi is one of them. In this phenomena, it would be fair enough to disable or delete the software and for this method, follow these steps
- Open “command prompt” and type for “ipconfig”. There you will find “Virtual Ethernet Connection with Hamachi” labeled configuration and jot down the addresses.
- Navigate to the search panel and delete Virtual Ethernet Connection with Hamachi.
- Now the port number and the IP address you need to add to your Minecraft server.
Check if the problem persists or not. If not, you can start enjoying your game, but you may need to apply other methods if it is still there.
6. Reset Your Modem/ Router
Modem/Router can play a vital role in this issue. You can encounter Minecraft io.netty.channel.abstractchannel error if modem/ Router causes problems.
- Power off your router.
- Wait for a couple of minutes.
- Power on your router and restart it.
If this doesn’t work, you can reset all your router settings to give a fresh start. With this process, you can fix the io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException error.
7. Use a Trusted VPN Connection Source
If you are still facing this Minecraft related problem, it may be that Minecraft is banned in your region and for this, you can try to resolve this by using trusted VPN apps that don’t block Minecraft servers. Although changing the region may help you to defeat io.netty.channel.connecttimeoutexception.
8. Reinstall Minecraft
Sometimes reinstalling applications may overcome issues. It has been observed that due to corrupted game data, many problems can be faced and from them io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection refused: no further information error is one of them. In this situation, just simple reinstallation can fix the error. Well, here you may ask how to uninstall Minecraft. Don’t worry we will tell that process also. For this
- Navigate to “Control Panel” by simply going to the start menu and you will get this option there.
- You will find the “install/ uninstall program” option there and click on it.
- Find Minecraft from the list
- Click on the Minecraft and select “Uninstall”.
After uninstalling the game now you need to download and install the latest version of Minecraft to fix the errors like io.netty.channel.connecttimeoutexception. Now to download Minecraft to have a fresh start, you can download it from Minecraft’s official website, Minecraft.net.
To get quick compliment results on the above-mentioned errors in Minecraft, you need to detect the main issue faced by your system setup and your server so that you can cope with the situation at your earliest convenience. But once if you can fix this io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception: connection timed out error, you won’t encounter this error again.
Besides, if none of the above-mentioned methods were useful for you, it is suggested to fix your LAN card once to check it’s persistence. If you find this guide helpful you can share your concern here! Also, don’t forget to let’s know which method worked for you to overcome this error. Good luck!